The process of stress management cannot be overemphasized as it is one of the keys to a happy and successful life. While stress is inevitable, it is our individual responsibility to manage it using the following techniques.
- Taking breaks for Breathing Exercises (like sequentially breathing in and out) could prove helpful when under.
- Intentionally engage in the pursuit of happiness – Identify things / persons that make you.
- Know who you are and don’t lose that.
- Identify potential stressors and develop personalized coping mechanisms, as challenges would always arise.
- Make an effort to understand your supervisors and colleagues, as this could provide better synergy in your teams and help you manage them.
- Eat healthily and exercise.
- Get sufficient hours (7 – 9hours) of sleep daily; this is very essential to reduce stress.
- Build your faith.
- Feel free to discuss issues with trusted friends and family or Medical Professionals, as this may also be very helpful.
While the world is focused on the pandemic threat posed by COVID-19, cybercriminals around the world try undoubtedly to capitalize on the crisis by launching different kinds of malicious attacks: mainly phishing mails or virus.
- Never share sensitive information of any kind with an unauthorized party or social media.
- Lock all devices when not in use
- Choose strong passwords which contain special symbols (&,%, # etc.), Uppercase, minimum of 8 characters and are alphanumeric. Don’t reuse your passwords.
- Be mindful of external devices and removable media (USB keys, Hard drives, CDs). Regularly back up important files to your preferred cloud storage (One Drive, Google Drive, DropBox etc.).
- Update software in a timely manner when prompted.
- Whilst travelling, your company assigned laptop or mobile phone might be lost or stolen. It is important to report all such losses ASAP to reduce the risk to the company and your colleagues.
- Always use anti-virus software
- To safeguard your privacy and security, disable tracking features such as auto sign-in, auto-fill and options to save passwords and payment methods.
- Report any suspicious email / web links and never open attached document of any format (pdf, docx, jpg…) or click on any link included in suspicious mails.
- Always confirm any prompts or requests for online financial transactions with your bank before proceeding.