The discovery of the new strain of COVID-19 and the resurgence of severe cases of the virus calls for urgent action by all to mitigate the spread of the deadly virus. Below are useful recommendations on staying safe this period:
- Stay at home as often as you can and avoid crowded spaces to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Educate your children on how to avoid getting infected in school. Remind them to ensure they have their face masks worn at all times while in school and avoid sharing food or drinks with classmates.
- Avoid close contact with persons from diaspora as much as practicable.
- Take your vitamins – Zinc, Vitamin C and Iron daily to boost your immune system.
- Use your face masks, wash your hands with soap and water and observe social distancing.
- Adhere to other WHO (www.who.int) and NCDC (www.ncdc.gov.ng) guidelines.